About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona
Growing up my initials were OP, which was pretty cool in the 80's, right? Then I got married and my initials got updated to match our very texting obsessed era that we now live in (and shake our heads at)...OMG. For those who are texting illiterate, I'll spell it out..."Oh, My God!". I pity the girl whose initials are W.T.F. (I won't spell that one out. You can Google it or email me for an explaination on that one!)

4.21.2009

House & Home

Thought I'd give a little update on what's going on at the GaffneyShack. :) That's funny. I just made that up. Gaffney Mansion just doesn't ring true. Here are the pics to prove it.

Exibit A: Lovely Braided Flowering Hibiscus tree from last year. Take-your-breath-away-gorgeous! Exibit B: Same tree. This year.





Exibit C: Here's another beauty from last year. I really fell in love with the Hibiscus.

Exibit D: Same plant trying its hardest to live up to my expectations. Bless its heart! I'm a sucker for plants that just won't die. Can you tell?



In other news, I'm on a nutrition and exercise kick lately. I use http://www.sparkpeople.com/ every day and am trying to have us eat even better. See!


I'm even trying to give up sugar in my coffee and adjusting my taste buds to milk alternatives. Brian is anti-milk and uses Rice milk. I'm starting to enjoy Almond Milk. We all know I don't need any of those cow milk hormones! I've got enough of my own, thank you.


I found this beauty at Sprouts. Made my very own California rolls!!!!! Notice the package does NOT say "fast" or "easy". Cause it ain't! But it's so worth it. All the Cali rolls at the store have imitation crab, no thanks.



But that wasn't enough so I stocked up with this: 2lbs sushi rice & 7 sheets of the sea weed wrap so I can make endless amounts of Cali rolls now! Yea!



Here's something at the house that actually got better than worse. Yipee! We got new fans! It was quite a project, for Brian, anyway. It was quite a Kodak moment but Brian wasn't smiling so I decided against it. They are up just in time. It might reach 100 degrees day!







Here's a sneak preview of things to come. We are making a patio cover in the backyard. Here's the bold color we chose for that and the front door and house trim. Wish us luck! The front door is already painted and so far, we love it.




That's about all for now. Hope you enjoyed this edition of GaffneyShack. :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG oliva I have the same ceiling fan in my living room, you have good taste in decor. Laura O'Leary