About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona
Growing up my initials were OP, which was pretty cool in the 80's, right? Then I got married and my initials got updated to match our very texting obsessed era that we now live in (and shake our heads at)...OMG. For those who are texting illiterate, I'll spell it out..."Oh, My God!". I pity the girl whose initials are W.T.F. (I won't spell that one out. You can Google it or email me for an explaination on that one!)

7.22.2010

exposing myself....

Clutter.


Some may feel ashamed of such exposure but I do not!

We all have dirty little areas like these (I think, I hope!).
I'm not afraid to show it.


My desire to have these areas of my home to be purged and organized rises above any feelings of shame that these areas actually exist.

Don't get me wrong, my house is mostly CLEAN, but organized and tidy....not so much.
I am just not that kind of person who is overly motivated to keep the perfect house. Couple that with my addiction to shopping and surfing the internet....thus the following evidence.
BUT!

My desire to feel proud and accomplished is deep and needy. I want to feel peace and order when I gaze about my home. And now that : 1)I am out of nursing school (automatic more time, less stress) 2)it's too hot outside to go do anything 3)we want to simplify our lifes so we can travel more....I have more than enough motivation to get some things done!

Halfway through my cup of coffee this morning, I grabbed my camera and took pics of the areas in my house that need purging and returned to their originally intended purposes.

This is what has become of my lovely office table. I don't even really use my "office". I used it some during nursing school. We spend all of our time in the living room. I have "my" chair and my laptop fits nicely on the arm of the big stuffed chair. That's all I need as an "office" these days. What do people do in their offices? Please, tell me. Maybe I'm missing out on some pertinent "office" activities.


Can you tell this cool basket was ment to hold remote controls ? Sort of ?? Shoot, you can't even tell the basket is really cool! :(

This is a shelf in my closet. It's not the most usable space but it's where I stuff items I just don't want to deal with at the moment. If it was clear, the closet would look alot better. I enjoy an organized closet. I've always separated clothes ....long sleeve from short sleeve....dresses from skirts....scrubs have their own section...ect. I MUST have an organized closet! So this shelf is an eyesore.


This is on top of the dresser next to my side of the bed. It's actually out of my view since the dresser is really high. I had to take this pic to really see what was going on up there. It's the closest thing I have to a bedside table so it collects stuff...earplugs, sleep mask, water bottles. It's the only clutter in the room (besides the baskets of clothes awaiting to be hung up in the closet).





This is in my office. Most of this stuff I need to store in the closet or give away. Most of it is stuff from nursing school.



Before you get all excited...this is INSIDE the green cabinet in the dining room. Can you say "catch-all"? There's some really good, important stuff in there. Just don't know where else to put it. This is a project for sure.




This IS sad. This shelf sits right in the entry way of the front door. It's been like this for a long time. Another catch-all area. I can't blame this on anyone but myself. Brian never uses the front door. I'm starting to think we need to have company over more often so I can keep on top of this stuff! Sunscreen, alcohol swabs, dog dress and CD's??? Those are all my hats. I have no idea where else to put them. I love my hats and use them all the time. They may just have to stay there.



Under the living room table. I never touch this stuff except Delilah gets a Cheerio treat sometimes.




I am motivated even more now. I will post new pics after I clean up these areas. Actually, I had one area, the electronics area, cluttered with CD's (even though we have a lovely wood CD cabinet for that!) that I was going to photograph but I ended up cleaning it right away! Dusted, CD's put away. Looks great now. See, I've already started! It feels good already.
Should I have a goal for when this all should be done? Oh, that's asking a bit too much for me right now. I'm not THAT intense! (I wanted to write anal but that's such a rude word).
I'm not too worried. I know myself and that I will get this done ASAP.
Come back in a few days and see my results!







No comments: