About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona
Growing up my initials were OP, which was pretty cool in the 80's, right? Then I got married and my initials got updated to match our very texting obsessed era that we now live in (and shake our heads at)...OMG. For those who are texting illiterate, I'll spell it out..."Oh, My God!". I pity the girl whose initials are W.T.F. (I won't spell that one out. You can Google it or email me for an explaination on that one!)

7.22.2010

Back in June....

I just realized my posts went from camping to baby and I totally left out stuff that happened in June.
I got the matching wedding band to my ring. I love it and wear them all the time now.

Delilah got her hair cut (by me) and that saved money for her to get a new dress. :)


I wanted to capture my feelings of utter panic and apprehension before I went to take my nursing board exam on June 14. SO glad that is over!

Here I am, 30 hours later, calling my family to tell them I AM A RN FINALLY!
I was at work when I found out I passed the boards. I had been checking the website for results about every half hour since I finished my exam. Yes, very ridiculous, but I couldn't help it!
It was the end of the shift and I was exhausted with anxiety. Then the results popped up on my screen (love the droid internet access!). Immediately the room began to spin and I lost all the air in my body. My coworkers cheered me on as I gasped, "Oh, MY GOD! It's over! I'm a RN!" When the feeling came back to my legs, I walked outside to call my husband and cry. You'd think I was waiting to find out if I had cancer or not. I am NOT a fan of anticipation. I can't even watch t.v. or movies that have suspense. It physically hurts me.
In perfect timing, my shift was over and I raced home so we could go out and celebrate! Shrimp lettuce wraps and a martini! It was an awesome moment in time. I couldn't stop smiling.

Here I am at the Cheesecake Factory after taking the exam. I put on my pearls and I tried to drown my anxiety in cheesecake and a martini. I had a horrible feeling that I had failed. It was not a fun time but I tried to think positive.


It has been so fun at work, signing RN after my name. Coworkers have been so great, supportive and excited for me.

At the end of this exciting week, my neice was born. I became a RN and my brother became a DAD on the same week. Long-awaited dreams come true for both of us. His dream will cost him money, my dream makes me money. But we can share, like good siblings do!

Just had to mention what happened...back in June.

No comments: