About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona
Growing up my initials were OP, which was pretty cool in the 80's, right? Then I got married and my initials got updated to match our very texting obsessed era that we now live in (and shake our heads at)...OMG. For those who are texting illiterate, I'll spell it out..."Oh, My God!". I pity the girl whose initials are W.T.F. (I won't spell that one out. You can Google it or email me for an explaination on that one!)

1.25.2010

Getting to know me

olivia,
Your personality is Choleric Melancholy

Melancholy Strength:5 Weakness:2
18%
Strengths of a MelancholyThe Introvert The Thinker The Pessimist
The Melancholy's Emotions
Deep and thoughtful I hope so!
Analytical
Serious and purposeful oh, yes.
Genius prone
Talented and creative
Artistic or musical
Philosophical and poetic Maybe more than the "average" person. I need to work on this.
appreciative of beauty who isn't?
Sensitive to others yes.
Self-sacrificing to a point.
Conscientious
Idealistic not too much.
The Melancholy At Work
Schedule oriented
Perfectionist, high standards
Detail conscious YES!
Persistent and thorough oh, yes.
Orderly and organized
Neat and tidy
Economical
Sees the problems all the time.
Finds creative solutions absolutely.
Needs to finish what he starts
Likes charts, graphs, figures, lists oh, that's why. I never realized this was related to personality.
The Melancholy As a Friend
Makes friends cautiously
Content to stay in background
Avoids causing attention
Faithful and devoted i like to think so.
Will listen to complaints
Can solve other's problems oh, yes.
Deep concern for other people
Moved to tears with compassion seriously, almost every day.
Seeks ideal mate Description of Personality/Temperament Traits

Weakness of a MelancholyThe Introvert The Thinker The Pessimist
The Melancholy's Emotions
Remembers the negatives
Moody and depressed
Enjoys being hurt huh? no way.
Has false humility nope. i have no humility. :)
Off in another world
Low self-image
Has selective hearing
Self-centered
Too introspective
Guilt feelings
Persecution complex
Tends to hypochondria
The Melancholy At Work
Not people oriented
depressed over imperfections
Chooses difficult work maybe that's why i want to work in the NICU? it suits me.
Hesitant to start projects
Spends too much time planning 100% true!
Prefers analysis to work yep.
Self-deprecating
Hard to please not really.
Standards often to high they are high but i understand if you can't meet them.
Deep need for approval I need it and appreciate it, ALOT. but i can survive without it.
The Melancholy As a Friend
Lives through others that's why I enjoy Facebook so much!
Insecure socially
Withdrawn and remote
critical of others
Holds back affections
Dislikes those in opposition um, yeah, kinda..cause if i can't convince you of my way, what's wrong with you?
Suspicious of people maybe just skeptical...but isn't that being wise?
Antagonistic and vengeful
Unforgiving
Full of contradictions
Skeptical of compliments oh, no. I believe you!

Choleric Strength:10 Weakness:16
65%
Strengths of a CholericThe Extrovert The Doer The Optimist
The Choleric's Emotions
Born leader
Dynamic and active yes but alway room for improvement.
Compulsive need for change not too intense but it's there.
Must correct wrongs yes
Strong-willed and decisive yes!
Unemotional I can be.
Not easily discouraged Discouragement? What is that?
Independent and self sufficient Is there any other way to be?
Exudes confidence see above :)
Can run anything yes, please!
The Choleric As A Parent...or wife, in my case
Exerts sound leadership
Establishes Goals 100%!
Motivates family to action yes, and he is glad about that.
Knows the right answer :) um, usually.
Organizes household 100% word documents, excel documents, calendars, chore lists. that's me.
The Choleric As a Friend
Has little need for friends little need doesn't mean no need.
Will work for group activity
Will lead and organize
Is usually right
Excels in emergencies
The Choleric At Work
Goal oriented
Sees the whole picture 100%! that came up in my personal evals!
Organizes well of course.
Seeks practical solutions
Moves quickly to action yep!
Delegates work yep!
Insists on production and I help in making things happen too.
Makes the goal
Stimulates activity
Thrives on opposition
Weaknesses of a CholericThe Extrovert The Doer The Optimist
The Choleric's Emotions
Bossy I may have heard that before...starting from when I was 8 yrs old.
Impatient
Quick-tempered
Can't Relax nope. I can relax. I just need to be doing something while I'm relaxing.
Too impetuous
Enjoys controversy and arguments not really.
Won't give up when loosing
Comes on too strong
Inflexible
Is not complimentary I try to work on this one.
Dislikes tears and emotions depends....can I help fix the problem?
Is unsympathetic
The Choleric As A Parent ...or wife and puppy parent, in my case.
Tends to over dominate
Too busy for family
Gives answers too quickly
Impatient with poor performance
Won't let children relax
May send them into depression
The Choleric At Work
Little tolerance for mistakes yes! i have to bite my tongue!
Doesn't analyze details
Bored by trivia YES!! Just the FACTS, please.
May make rash decisions
May be rude or tactless some people are so sensitive.
Manipulates people
Demanding of others
End justifies the means
Demands loyalty in the ranks
The Choleric As a Friend
Tends to use people
Dominates others
Knows everything
Decides for others
Can do everything better
Is too independent
Possessive of friends and mate
Can't say, "I'm Sorry"
May be right, but unpopular
I think being a nurse and being in school has really brought out certain coping skills? I really wish I was less of the above and more of the below
Phlegmatic Strength:3 Weakness:1 10%
Sanguine Strength:2 Weakness:1 8%
These are barely worth mentioning since it makes up so little part of my personality but I used to be way more Phlegmatic and Sanguine. I guess I've lost some of that nice, easygoing, low-key, balanced element.
But I guess I am what I am. I just REALLY need to work on being NICE. Great goal, huh?
"Let's try to be nice today, Olivia. Ok? Can you do that?"
My personality type tends to rub people the wrong way. I know it. I regret it and it hurts sometimes. But it seems my inner confidence and self-assurance keeps it from hurting too much for too long. And, apparently, I "thrive on opposition". Yikes. That can't be good.
Any Cholerics out there that can relate?
If you'd like to get to know yourself a bit better, go to this website.

No comments: