About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona
Growing up my initials were OP, which was pretty cool in the 80's, right? Then I got married and my initials got updated to match our very texting obsessed era that we now live in (and shake our heads at)...OMG. For those who are texting illiterate, I'll spell it out..."Oh, My God!". I pity the girl whose initials are W.T.F. (I won't spell that one out. You can Google it or email me for an explaination on that one!)

1.16.2009

Vino, mi Amore!

We have been enjoying our newfound appreciation of wine since our visit to

Napa last May with my dad, Nancy, and brother Luke.














I want to keep better track , so what better place than my blog.
Of course, now you all know how much we like to drink.
Or, for a positive spin, you all know what wine to buy for us when we have you over for dinner or for a present. Wine makes a great present. I think. I've never actually been given a bottle of wine.


I will keep this updated as this is a very important topic to me. :) I've included the price paid and then how we/I rate it on #1-10 scale. Of course this is from a very personal and uneducated palette but then again, this is my blog.



Double Dog Dare Merlot $3. #8.5


Dancing Bull Merlot $7. #8


Columbia-Crest Chardonnay $8. #5.5

Woodbridge Merlot - probably around $8. Very dry. #6


Mallee Point Australian Merlot- $7. #7.5



Robert Mondavi Winery- Pinot Noir. Our first try at Pino. Not a fan. #5



Robert Mondavi Winery-'05 Merlot. $22. We'll stick with the cheap ones. #5



Barefoot Merlot-$8. #6



Yellowtail- Cabernet Sauvignon. $6. pending taste test.



Shiraz-Cabernet. $7. not a big fan of this blend. #7



Smoking Loon Merlot. $8. pending taste test



Gallo Family Savignon Blanc. $4. never had SavBlanc before. pending taste test.



Concho Y Torro Cabernet-Merlot. $8 1.5Liter. Our absolute favorite so far. #9

No comments: