About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona
Growing up my initials were OP, which was pretty cool in the 80's, right? Then I got married and my initials got updated to match our very texting obsessed era that we now live in (and shake our heads at)...OMG. For those who are texting illiterate, I'll spell it out..."Oh, My God!". I pity the girl whose initials are W.T.F. (I won't spell that one out. You can Google it or email me for an explaination on that one!)

10.03.2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Beautiful....

Here's the reason that we are now CONVINCED we aren't up to having kids....
8 week old puppy. Need I say more?



I can't decide if she's the Good or the Bad. Depends on the moment!

Her competition is Nursing School!

I can't decide if it's the Good or the Bad, either!
These last few weeks have been crunch time in school. Right when I was getting used to the pace of quizzes every day and tests every other weekend....it's time for skills check off, medication and IV calculation test, last lecture test, skills hours due AND the final exam! Wow!

When did all that happen and how did I not see it coming?? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy learning and am still totally excited to be working on getting my RN...but the "S" word is not fun.

STRESS.

Stress is something I've been really good at avoiding in my life.
Well, here's where I have placed myself now...ST(me)RESS.
Right in the middle!!

Oh, well. Like I tell myself when I see others freaking out about their crazy situations....
"you picked your poison".

I definitely chose this...I just didn't quite anticipate it. Does that make sense?
I guess I thought it would be easier.
I didn't even fathom this would entail studying 10 chapters in two weeks or chapter that are 20-50 pages each! My grades are pretty much what I expected and hoped for, I just didn't think I'd have to try this hard to get mediocre grades.

On a positive note, I start clinical rotations mid-October.
SO VERY MUCH looking forward to that!
I will spend 10 hour days, every Friday and Saturday, in the hospital setting.
First few weeks are Labor and Delivery. Then I do some weeks of Medical/Surgical at the VA Hospital and then Pediatrics.
We should be done mid-December. I should post a pic of me in my school scrubs!
I'll be sure to do that.

So, you be the judge. Good or Bad? I still can't decide.

I'll end with the Beautiful......




My new wedding ring. We upgraded and I'm in love again.
I think it's just fabulous. It was love at first sight. That always feels good. :)

Thanks for stopping by. Leave me a comment! It's easy, I promise. Just give it a try.
Now....off to study!

3 comments:

Michawn said...

believe me when i say...DO NOT let this deter you from children. not a good judge of whether you are ready for kids or not (although there are probably other reasons you might feel that way too i'm guessing). seriously...babies are MUCH less trouble than a puppy...and they smell so much better too. ;) awwwww...so sweet. yeah, ditch the dog and go for the baby. ;) (of course *i* would say that) ha ha ha.

love your ring. nice!

El Momma said...

your wedding ring is gorgeous! Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now...new dog, school, wedding ring? :-) Take care of yourself!

Amadna said...

It sure is stunning!!! And WOW!! I have such respect for you girl... the work you do is so amazing to me... it takes a really special soul!!

Blessings-
Amanda